This messenger launched in 2010 gained heavy recognition between 2012-2014 with over a billion registered users. It also provides an in-app web browser using which we an open web links without having to leave the app at all.
Let me guide you with the sign up procedure for this chat messenger app.
2. This would start you registration procedure
3. Enter all the required details asked on the screen which would be
a. Your Name
b. Your unique KIK username - this would be the name by which will be identified on this aplication
c. Your date of birth
d. Your mobile number - This will remain confidential and would not be mentioned on your profile so no need to worry
4. Click on Next and hurray you just signed up and now you can use it with your username and password
5. You can also upload a profile picture which would be displayed on your profile though this is completely optional
6. You can always modify your entered details anytime using the setting button after you login to the messenger.
7. There is also an option available wherein you can customize what type of notifications you receive on it
8. If you want to add any person on your profile you must know their usernames to do so - this improves user experience as nobody can add you without your username. This way spammers and predators can be avoided. There are various methods by which you can add friends over this app.
See Adding friends on KIK for more details.
There is a very simple way of resetting your password in case you forget it.
1. On the login screen just click on Forgot Password
2. You will be asked to enter your e-mail address which you used to sign-up for the app
3. Enter the e-mail address and hit the GO button. You will be sent a link over an e-mail which you can use to reset your password.
Below is what app home screen looks like